Since 2014, the Charlotte region has had a housing shortage that is only more exacerbated this year due to Covid-19. This week, I’ll explore how the shortage came to be and what is a possible solution.
- During the episode, I referenced an article citing the number of sales from iBuyers to Institutional Investors: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/47578-with-foreclosures-dwindling-investors-turn-to-direct-buyers-for-new-single-family-rentals/
- iBuyers: A new choice for home Sellers but at what cost https://www.collateralanalytics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CA-RESEARCH-iBuyers-A-new-choice-for-home-sellers-but-at-what-cost.pdf
- I referenced an example I had of the fees of an iBuyer:
- Charlotte’s Epicentre in Uptown to Become Micro Apartments - April 1, 2021
- Union County NC Homeowners: 2021 Property Tax Revaluation FAQ - March 9, 2021
- Asbestos Town with David Boraks - February 22, 2021